St. Lucius Church
St Lucius’ church in Farnley Tyas dates from the 19th century, the foundation stone being laid in 1838 and the building completed and opened for worship in 1840. It is not of typical Victorian construction but is open, spacious and welcoming.
It was first gazetted as a separate parish in 1896, which it remained until 1976. During a period in the care of a retired priest living in Almondbury it became part of the united benefice of Almondbury with Farnley Tyas in 1982.
In 1987 the Team Parish was formed.St Lucius’ has an open graveyard, maintained by paid and voluntary workers.
A recent reordering provided toilet and kitchen with a large area for social and community usewhich is well used by both church and community groups, especially the village Women’s Institute.
ALL CATERING IN CHURCH PREMISES
IS SUSPENDED DURING THE
The approved plans for the St. Lucius Church kitchen and cloakroom extension.
Farnley Tyas Community Group website. Proudly created with Wix.com